TURKISH KADAYIF - Dessert
500 gram tel kadayıf
6 teaspoon butter
2,5 cup granulated walnut
For The Grout
3,5 cup granulated sugar
3 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Place sugar and the water in a pot. Boil it over moderate heat and mix it by spoon. When it boils then add the lemon juice to the blend. Cook it for 10 minutes. Take it off the oven and let it cool down.
Melt the butter in a pan. Wait until it becomes lukewarm. Put the fresh kadayıf into a deep pot. Break the kadayıf into pieces with your hand. Pour the melted butter over the kadayıf. Knead the kadayıf with the melted butter and make sure the kadayıf absorbs the butter.
Divide the kadayıf into two equal pieces. Put one piece into a baking tray. Press the kadayıf with your hands and lay the kadayıf in the tray.
Bake in preheated oven for 35-30 minutes. Take the tray from the oven and pour the grout over the kadayıf. Wait for 30 minutes for kadayıf to cool down. Service with ice cream or Turkish Kaymak.
Enjoy Your Meal!
POLISH DESSERT - ROSE MAZUREK
Polish dessert in Polish
• 250 g m±ki pszennej
• 180 g masła
• 80 g miałkiego cukru
• 4 żółtka
Odrobina bułki tartej do wysypania blachy
• 1 słoik konfitury z płatków róży 330 g
• 1/2 szklanki cukru pudru
- Rozcieramy masło z cukrem, dodaję ugotowane na twardo żółtka, m±kę.
- Rozwałkowujemy ciasto na cienki placek, około 5 mm grubo¶ci. Ciastem wykładamy formę posmarowan± masłem i oprószon± bułk± tart±. Z resztek ciasta rolujemy wałeczki i układamy na spodzie.
- Pieczemy na złoty kolor, w piekarniku nagrzanym do 180 stopni (przez około 20 minut). Studzimy.
- Konfiturę podgrzewamy z cukrem pudrem. Studzimy i wykładamy na mazurek.
Polish dessert in English
· 250 g flour
· 180 g butter
· 80 g sugar
· 4 hard-boiled egg ( then use only yolks)
· Some breadcrumbs for spreading the baking tray
· 330g rose marmalade
· 0,5 glass of icing sugar
· Mix the butter with sugar together, add 4 hard-boiled yolks and flour.
· Roll out the pastry, 5 mm thick. Spread the baking tray with butter and breadcrumbs.
Put the pastry on the baking tray. Use some of the pastry for the design.
· Put the cake into the hot oven (180 degrees Celsius), and bake for about 20 minutes. Cool down.
· Heat rose marmalade with icing sugar. Cool down. Spread on the cake.
prepared by group from Hungary
during the meeting in Cyprus,
24th February 2012
THE RECIPE OF OUR LUNCH DISH IS AS FOLLOWS:
Hot-pot potato (or layered potato) in Hungarian : RAKOTT KRUMPLI
1 kilogram of potato
200 grams of smoked sausages or salami (home-made is better)
500 grams of sour cream
3 egg yolks
How to prepare:
Wash the potatoes and the eggs properly. Boil the potatoes in its jacket (or shell) with some salt until they're soft and the eggs until they're hard. Peel the potatoes and remove the shell of the eggs when they're ready and slice them. Slice the sausage or salami, too. Whisk the sour cream with the egg yolks and some salt. Grease a tray with butter or oil and put one layer of sliced potatoes then sliced hard-boiled eggs sprinkle with a little bit of salt, put some slices of home-made sausages and pour half of the sour cream on it. Then repeat the layres: potato. eggs, sausages, sour cream and finish with a layer of potatoes and pour the rest of sour cream on top of it. Put it in the oven (preheated to 200°C) and cook it for 35-40 minutes until the top is nice brown.
Eva Nagy from Hungary